When the cold weather creeps in, and you find yourself battling the sniffles and a scratchy throat, there's one time-tested remedy that can provide you with both warmth and relief: a soothing cup of tea. In this brief guide, we'll explore the world of tea for colds, focusing on the best options available, with a special mention of some of New Zealand’s favourite brands like T Leaf T, Harney & Sons, and Tea Total. You’ll find all these wonderful products at flowertingHerb.com - helping you enhance your tea experience.
Tea isn't just a beverage; it's a time-honoured remedy that can help alleviate the discomfort of a cold. The warm liquid provides soothing relief for a sore throat, while the steam can ease congestion in your nasal passages. Additionally, many teas are packed with antioxidants and natural compounds that bolster your immune system, helping you recover faster.
Throughout history, hot tea has been a trusted companion during bouts of illness. The heat and steam from the tea can help clear nasal congestion, while the soothing properties of various herbal blends can ease coughing and throat irritation. Let's explore the best teas to turn to when you’ve got a cold.
One of the most popular choices when it comes to finding comfort during a cold is a well balanced herbal tea. Not only do herbal teas offer a comforting warmth, but they also bring a host of health benefits. Here are some herbal teas to consider:
1. Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is a classic choice when it comes to soothing a cold. Known for its calming properties, it can help you relax and sleep better, which is crucial for a speedy recovery. Chamomile's anti-inflammatory effects can also provide relief from a sore throat. Try T Leaf T or Harney & Sons Chamomile Teas.
2. Peppermint Tea: Peppermint tea isn't just refreshing; it's also fantastic for alleviating sinus congestion. The menthol in peppermint helps open up your airways, making it easier to breathe when you're feeling stuffy. Enjoy a cup of peppermint tea to breathe easy during your cold.Try Harney & Sons’ Herbal Peppermint Tea, T Leaf T’s Organic Peppermint Tea or if you are looking for something a little more exotic, Tea Total’s Lime Mint Mojito Teas.
3. Ginger Tea: A spicy cup of ginger tea can work wonders when you have a cold. It's excellent for reducing nausea and inflammation, making it a must-try from Harney & Sons'selection or from Tea Total’s Herbal Tea range.
If you're looking for a tea with a bit more kick and caffeine to help you power through your day despite the cold, black tea is an excellent choice. You’ll find some delightful black teas suitable for a cold within our range, including:
1. Earl Grey Tea: Harney & Sons' Earl Grey Supreme Tea is a high quality black tea infused with the citrusy scent of bergamot and silver tips. It's known to have antioxidant properties and is said to help alleviate cold symptoms.
2. English Breakfast: T Leaf T's English Breakfast tea is a robust black tea blend that's perfect for starting your day when you're feeling under the weather. Its strong, bold flavour can provide that much-needed pick-me-up when you are needing it the most.
When your cold comes with a persistent cough, specific teas can provide relief and comfort:
1. Honey and Lemon Tea: A simple blend of hot water, honey, and lemon juice can do wonders for soothing a sore throat and calming a persistent cough. Add this remedy to any tea from your favourite brand.
2. Throat Comfort Tea: Look for throat-specific teas, often available from T Leaf T, that contain ingredients like licorice, marshmallow root, and slippery elm. These can help coat your throat and reduce irritation.
It's essential to consume your tea piping hot when you have a cold, as the steam can help clear congestion and provide instant relief. Ensure your tea is at the right temperature to reap its benefits fully.
When the cold season strikes, don't underestimate the power of a warm cup of tea. Whether you opt for soothing herbal varieties or robust black teas, you'll find comfort and relief in every sip. Explore the offerings from T Leaf T, Harney & Sons, and Tea Total at FloweringHerb.com and enhance your tea experience.
Remember, the best tea for cold is the one that brings you comfort and helps you on your path to recovery. So, brew a cup, wrap yourself in a cozy blanket, and let the healing powers of tea work their magic.
With these options at your fingertips, you're well on your way to a warmer, more comfortable cold season. Stay warm, stay well, and enjoy the soothing embrace of tea for cold relief.
Disclaimer: The information provided by The Flowering Herb is intended as general information for entertainment purposes only. We are not healthcare providers and we do not hold any healthcare qualification.
The content contained on this site is in no way intended as medical advice or as a substitute for medical treatment and we are not making any recommendations for your personal situation. We therefore strongly recommend and encourage you to consult with your primary health practitioner prior to making any changes to your diet/consumption habits or purchasing any of our products with the intent of manage any health condition.